The transaction was interrupted, what should I do?
If the transaction process has been interrupted and the payment hasn´t been completed, your order will appear on our computer, but the store will automatically reject the transaction. You will first get a message confirming your order but a refusal message after that.
You can send a new order because we only deal with confirmed orders.
You should make sure that there aren´t too many open pop-up windows on your screen or try placing your order through a different server (e.g. Explorer instead of Firefox).
You can also contact us through our customer service (asiakaspalvelu), so that we are able to give you instructions about the transfer and you won´t need to place a new order.
The shampoo bar leaves my hair sticky, how do I get it to work?
When you start using the shampoo soap the result can be very sticky looking, depending also from the hair type and previous chemical treatments. Some customers can experience quick and effective results from the beginning, while in others the results can start appearing only after 1-10 washing times. Treated hair is more porous and it easily retains product leftovers. The residues from this vegetal-derived shampoo soap may stick easily to the porous parts of hair, leaving it sticky-looking.
You can follow these instructions to reduce the sticky effect:
- Lather hair carefully, including spaces between hairs, hair roots and especially tops. Soaping is more effective if you start by rubbing gently, then quickly rinsing and after that lathering it for the second time. The product lathers more in warm water than in cold water.
- Rinse hair carefully with warm water.
- Dry hair gently with a towel.
- Rinse hair with Flow Cosmetics hair rinse or as an alternative with diluted apple cider vinegar (2 dl of water and 250 ml of vinegar), which quickly reduces stickiness. While applying the hair rinse you should make sure to reach all intervals between hairs.
- You can apply the hair rinse in a more concentrated solution than the above indicated one, which has a quicker effect. You can also add basic apple cider vinegar to our Flow Cosmetics rinses to save money.
- You can try rinsing with baking soda before washing the hair: 1tbs of baking soda and 250 ml of water. After that wash normally.
- You can try deep hair cleansing with green clay. Rub the clay paste on clean and damp hair, and then leave it in for half an hour. After that wash the hair gently with the shampoo bar and finish it off with vinegar rinsing
- You can try soaping the hair with a sponge, which makes the soap lather more.
Are Flow Cosmetics products suitable during pregnancy and breastfeeding?
Our products contain original essential oils, like almost all natural products. During pregnancy and breastfeeding you should avoid using particularly strong essential oils or products containing a higher concentration of essential oils.
However products containing small quantities of essential oils and products such as soaps and shampoos, which can be rinsed away from the skin can be used.
We do not recommend whole body aromatherapeutic treatments without exper’s guidance during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
The following products do not contain any essential oils:
- Shea butter
- Argan oil and Rosehip oil
- Rose water
- Sesame seed oil
- Strawberry Milk facial mask
- Cloudberry&Mint facial mask
- All make up products
These products can also be used during pregnancy and breastfeeding:
- All soap and shampoo soaps (can be rinsed off)
- Face creams (contain only small quantities of essential oils)
Are Flow Cosmetics products suitable for allergy prone people?
Although natural cosmetic products are gentle, some people can be allergic to them, as to any other cosmetic product. If you are allergic to certain plants you should make sure that the product does not contain ingredients which are not suitable for you.
Many fragrance-allergic people tolerate better essential oils than artificial fragrances. Our products do not absolutely contain any strong chemical preserving substances, to which many people are allergic.
Allergic people should choose simple products without any long ingredient list and test every product once. You can for example choose pure vegetal oils instead of facial creams, oil or baby soap for the cleansing, pure shea butter for the body and so on.
The following products are particularly recommended for allergic people.
- Argan oil (pure vegetal oil)
- Rosehip oil (pure vegetal oil)
- Shea butter
- Mineral make up powders
Are Flow Cosmetics products free from animal testing?
Our products are tested only by human volunteers, never on animals.
The raw materials are sourced from trusted Finnish and European suppliers who are committed to be free from animal testing.
We dont export our products to countries that require animal testing such as China.
What Flow Cosmetics products are vegan?
Many of our products are vegan. Our store has a Vegan-products section where you can find all of our vegan products.
Also on specific product page you can find a ’Additional information’-tab and a possible vegan mention under it.
Why dont Flow Cosmetics have a natural cosmetic certificate?
Our products follow strict guidelines set for certified natural cosmetics, such as Natrue, BDIH and Ecocert, but our products do not have their own certificate. At present our production batches are still relatively small. Together with cost motivations this is the reason why we haven´t certified our products. However we are member of Pro luonnonkosmetiikka Ry, which accepts only product following the certification criteria.
Are your packaging materials recyclable?
All of our packaging materials are perfectly recyclable. More information about the recyclability you can read through this link.
How do I use a coupon code that I have received for the webshop?
You can add the coupon code by going to the end of the cart, and enter the code to the ‘Coupon code’-field. To activate the code press the ‘Apply coupon’-button. The code you have used can be seen at the cart’s summary.
Didn't find the answer?
If you didn’t find the answer here then contact us through email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone +358 10 567 5190